Tuesday, November 23, 2004

One small step

So, the plumber arrives and finds the leak (several holes in our house later) only to discover that we need to bring in a furnace contractor to remove part of the ductwork so he can get to it. And then he can come back to fix it (he did manage to plug it temporarily). And then we need to get the furnace guy back to replace the ductwork. And then we need a contractor to fix the walls...

Shoot me now.

Hopefully insurance will cover a lot of this (after our deductible), but we will have to pay for the time the plumber spends actually fixing the leak. Home ownership is definitely one of those love/hate sorts of things. It's nice to have a place of your own, but keeping it up is murder.

Anyway.

Not much to point you lot towards as I've been caught up in other things. It's just about Thanksgiving. And I thoroughly enjoy that holiday so hopefully we can all take a moment and ponder the things we've got to be thankful for.

Go see The Incredibles or National Treasure. Just don't tell me you've seen them as I haven't yet and I'm a little bitter...

No comments: