Sunday, November 07, 2004

Down time

The grandparents have carted the kids off so my wife and I can get some much needed rest. Graeme and sleeping at night are still mutually exclusive. It's going to make for an interesting week when I start work again on Tuesday. It's a good thing my wife's folks are here. They're providing a much needed buffer for us. Babies can be cute (Graeme is) but they're also a handfull...

I made the (fortunate) mistake of picking up the first three volumes of Jeff Smith's Bone from the library the other day. What a great series. I think I may have to track down that complete paperback edition that's running around. Truly a great piece of work. The art is wonderful and the story flows perfectly. It's in turns humorous and sweet, with building seriousness. And I can finally place the "Stupid stupid rat things" reference. Heh heh... Stupid, stupid rat things... And if you need higher praise than that, my wife's been reading them as well. Truly a ringing endorsement.

And now to rest, perchance to sleep...

No comments: