Friday, November 12, 2004

It's Friday

And that's about all she wrote.

This has been a long week. Work has been a hassle and then home has included a newborn. So, yeah, stress level has certainly been a bit higher than normal, but it's just one of those things. Graeme is slowly adjusting to us and we to him. He's a great little kid. He seems to smile a lot more than I remember the girls smiling at this point and that's pretty cool. He also babbles a bit more. I think he's just trying to make sure we notice him... Not that that's really a problem.

I've been trying to read The Bourne Ultimatum, but it's slow going. I just don't have the focus to derive any sort of story or meaning. It seems like it will actually be interesting, but I may have to try again once life settles back down.

And oddly enough, the final moments of Joan of Arcadia were nice. I'm not a fan of that show. I don't like the way it portrays God and I find it to be a little too contrived. And overbearing. But the final moments tonight dealing with death and emotion were actually nice. In some ways it reminded me of the scene in Phenomenon where John Travolta is trying to convey a similar sentiment. Besides, juggling with glow-in-the-dark juggling balls is cool.

No comments: