Saturday, November 27, 2004

Incredible

Saw The Incredibles this morning. Absolutely wonderful movie. If you haven't seen it, go. Go now. Go see it right this very instant. And then go see it again. I already want to see it again. When I was in college I had a friend that went and saw The Fisher King two showings in a row (also a great movie), I could have done that with this movie. Could have just stayed in my seat and watched it all over again. Part Watchmen, part superhero movie, part coming of age tale, this movie just fires on all cylinders all the way through. Some people will tell you it takes a bit to get going. They're wrong. Just enough time is spent on exposition to get you into the lives of the main characters. You need that build up to get to the point where the movie really takes off. And boy does it take off.

It's to be expected really. Brad Bird helmed the also wonderful (and horribly under-appreciated) Iron Giant. And Pixar has probably entered some unspeakable pact with Satan to have the track record they've got. (Although we're placing bets now on Cars. The trailer, I must admit, doesn't inspire tons of confidence, but I'm hoping it wasn't really a trailer showing what the movie is about so much as a feel for what the movie will be like - not that that's too much of an improvement...) Anyway, I will now stop raving and just tell you to go see the movie one last time. Go!

No comments: