Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Monday redux

Yesterday was a busy day. Doctors appointments. Lunch. Shopping. Returns. More shopping. A movie. You get the idea. And then today was back to normal for me - work, some laundry when I got home, that sort of thing.

Watched The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen last night. It was much better than I expected. Mostly because I only have vague knowledge of the comic book it was based on. I knew enough to be able to spot some of the inconsistencies that would drive a fan of the comic nuts, but not enough to let it ruin it for me. Admittedly there are some flaws, but it's still an enjoyable action piece that at least nods in the direction of the comic. Which means you get some of the ideas from the comic (the cast and some of the setting) thrown through the Hollywood action blender. So they stuck in the obligatory car chase and toned down some of the nastier characters. I still got a kick out of it. And you could do worse...

No comments: