Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Covers

A Perfect Circle have re-imagined Lennon's utopian hymn, Imagine as a dirge. Bad pun, I know. It's interesting, certainly, but I'm not sure I like it. If nothing else you can't claim they simply threw something together. I suspect a fair amount of thought went into this version. It's a unique take on Lennon's song that, because of the disparity, causes you to think about what you're hearing. Of course, if you've never heard the original (shame on you!) you'll have no idea what's going on...

Got to hear a bit of the Dresden Dolls on the way home. They're in concert locally tonight and they were down at the radio station playing a bit. Oddly enough they performed a guitar piece despite being a piano and drums band. I suspect it'll be a fun show. If I were more of a concert-goer I'd check them out.

And I managed to survive a full day at work. Curse my lack of financial independence...

No comments: