Monday, January 31, 2005

Lather, rinse, repeat

And thus begins another work week.

My wife felt the need to point out that Lemony Snicket was being clever in book whatever of his Unfortunate Events series by printing the start of Chapter 5 twice in order to illustrate déjà vu. I was only moderately impressed. Lemony Snicket is the kids version of John Grisham in my opinion. Pick any one book by either of them and it's great. The rest are all the same though. I stopped reading both of them after the first couple. And that's my illustration of déjà vu...

Ran across several random little bits today. Things are perking up a bit in the video game realm. This year's E3 promises to be moderately interesting due to the new console unveilings. The new models of just about (if not all) of the consoles are rumored to be in attendance. So we're getting little teases of what features might be available and so on. It's funny, as I've mentioned, for the longest time I was a PlayStation fan. I've recently joined the ranks of the Nintendo followers though and haven't really been too interested in what's on Sony's little black box. I got a demo for God of War today and I must admit, it was kind of fun. It reminded me of a Greek Prince of Persia. The battle and puzzle nature of the gameplay was very similar. It could be worth checking out. And then, of course, there's Wanda and the Colossus. Anything by the Ico team is worth looking at.

At any rate, I don't really have anything specific to point you towards, mostly you just have to listen to the rustlings on the wind. Winter is just about over and the year is getting ready to get it in gear. There are rumblings afoot and if you know what to look for, you can start to get ready for it. And I suspect that applies to just about any realm, whatever your interests.

No comments: