Thursday, January 13, 2005

Book #2(ish)

So, I really ought to roll the Bebop Shooting Star graphic novels into one book. There are two of them and I finished the first one this evening. It's an interesting re-imagining of the Bebop Universe. If you're familiar with Cowboy Bebop from the anime series, you'll see things from the show, but from a slightly different angle. The stories are mostly interesting, but in some ways frustrating as they are telling stories you've seen. Even if they are slightly different. Towards the end of the first graphic novel things get more interesting as truly new material starts to surface and the characters are all accounted for. I look forward to the second volume to see where it goes.

The Scrubs soundtrack is quite excellent. The music is a big part of the show and it's fun to listen to the pieces they've selected for the cd. At least one interesting remake, some old favorites and some (possibly) undiscovered gems. And it seems that Zach Braff really likes The Shins. He used music by them in Garden State also. I don't know if he has anything to do with the music in Scrubs, but if nothing else he liked them enough to include them in the movie.

And I find myself watching Committed. I'm not sure why. I didn't really want to like it. But I kind of do...

No comments: