Thursday, January 06, 2005

Long week

It's that first full week back at work and boy is it dragging. I remember thinking yesterday that I couldn't believe it was only Wednesday and I still had half the week to make it through. And now it's only Thursday. ^_^ Who came up with this 5 day work week? They should be shot.

We've had quite a bit of snow over the last couple days and that's been nice. Except for the commute. I think the statistic yesterday morning was 30 accidents on the highway at one point during morning rush hour. When I was on the road people were taking it slow, which was nice for the most part. Today people were much more confident and the roads were somewhat cleaner, which isn't the greatest combination - really all it leads to is a bunch of people pulling out in front of you when you can't stop or slow down easily. Quite nice.

So, I got a couple day-by-day calendars for Christmas. One featuring some pretty shots of lighthouses and one featuring daily origami projects. They're both pretty good for obviously different reasons. I was never a huge fan of the day-by-day, but these two are pretty good. The movie trivia calendar last year was fun as well. My biggest complaint with them is that I can never write down appointments and days off and whatnot and be reminded of what's coming with ease. It leads to more of a sense of surprise I guess...

As far as things going on, track down some of the stuff on our friend Bill at CES. I'm so glad I have a Mac. And a Gamecube.

No comments: