Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The obligatory Firefox post

So I'm a little late on this. Mostly it's because I have no reason to use Firefox at home. I'm extremely happy with Safari, so I've had no reason to try it out. But work is another story. So I finally gave in and installed it and there will be no looking back. In a lot of ways the two aforementioned browsers are very similar. They offer similar features and even have some similarities in their presentation. I suspect Firefox is a lot more customizable what with the open source community behind it and all, but Mac homebrew developers have often come up with some useful widgets too. And quite frankly I hardly ever play with the serious customization stuff. I'm just glad to have a browser at work that can open all the bookmarks I have in a folder as separate tabs now. And it looks like I can integrate some RSS feeds into things as well. So that's cool.

Anyway, if you haven't played with Firefox yet and you have a Windows based machine I suggest you give it a download. It certainly beats the pants off IE, that's for sure. And I like it better on first glance than the 7.whatever version of Netscape I've been running.

No comments: