Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Webcomics Redux

Ok, so I finally read, well, most of that article. It got a bit long in the tooth. There were certainly interesting points made, but it did begin to drag on. My biggest complaint though would be the complete and utter lack of links to the people they were talking about. The mind kind of boggles at that really.

My own thoughts on the matter are certainly less than profound. I don't really read much in the way of newspaper comics anymore. There are a couple I'll check out in the Sunday paper, but for the most part I just don't find myself interested anymore. Webcomics however, I follow. Mostly because I've found a few that cater to my interests. Gaming comics, manga style comics, geeky humor. That's the one thing about webcomics - you can find your niche and frequently you can find quite good ones. There may not always be a ton of high quality strips, but there are real gems to be found. And while some of them may not take full advantage of the possibilities the web offers, they certainly still fill a void. And in a lot of ways some of the bells and whistles you could add on the web aren't really adding anything to the comic format.

So, there you go, my 2 cents.

No comments: