Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Humor for a Tuesday

This is pretty funny. For several reasons. And if you read this blog (poor souls), chances are you'll find it funny too. I think my favorite bit (wizard ninjas) has to be (bears with laser beams) the facial expressions on Boromir at the end. And as an aside (in keeping with the theme of this paragraph) the parent site (big-big-truck) is actually a pretty good one. I used to go there pretty frequently for Bebop wallpaper and other randomness, so check that out too.

Is there some unwritten law somewhere that corporate meetings have to be mind-numbingly boring? It's pretty sad when the best bit of an entire meeting is the regular guy forced up there to talk about his project and he does so in regular terms and with actual opinions on things. When I was in college I used to read Dilbert and laugh uncontrollably. I thought it was hilarious. Then I graduated, got a job, the company got bought out, and I realized it was a documentary. And it wasn't funny anymore. In fact I can't really read the strip because it's too depressing...

Speaking of comics, I stumbled across this link today. It seems like it might be pretty interesting. And while I'm throwing out links dealing with commentary about comics, have this one as well. And as one last link for a link laden paragraph, Jeremy Parish has rebooted Onion again over at Toastyfrog. It was initially a comic based on a dream he had, but he's gone to a text format for this iteration. I'm hoping for some occasional graphics to go along with it. Although if you hang out through Onion, he's going to start Toastyfrog ZM up again as well and it should feature more artwork...

No comments: