Friday, August 15, 2008

Technorati and Cabret

First things first. Why is Paris Hilton included in a list of top anything, anywhere? Have we not managed to rid ourselves of this evil yet? #8 on top searches? Really? Are they searching for her brain? Her morals? Oh wait, those are things that will never be found. Silly me.

At any rate, Technorati seems like a little too much peeking behind the curtain of the web. I'm glad it's there (I suppose) in a bringing things together sense. But it seems like a lot of effort for something... not quite intangible, but something like that. I suppose there are sites that live or die by a Technorati ranking (and I certainly know of/use several that are listed in the popularity rankings), but meh. I just can't get that excited. Searching the site was sort of interesting, things narrowed down a touch with each "filter". But I don't know that it seems terribly practical from a search engine standpoint. I suspect I just need some re-edumacation or something when it comes to this place. (And I must admit, the herd mentality in me really wants me to claim this poor little blog. Must resist herd mentality...)

In other news, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, by Brian Selznick is awesome (thus far). Why was I not informed of this sooner? Demerits for the lot of you. DEMERITS! You cannot escape the demerits. They will find you and you will rue the day you earned them.

,

No comments: