Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mmm Delicious

I am a late to the party Delicious user. I remember first noticing it when I switched to Firefox, as it was one of the default search engines in the drop down menu. Had no idea what it was and didn't bother finding out. Then a few months ago I picked up Upgrade Your Life by Gina Trapani and there was a section on Delicious (and can I just say that I'm glad they got rid of the periods in the url?) that explained what it was. Suffice to say the idea that I could access my bookmarks from anywhere was simply too good to pass up. I don't really search it that much, but I can see the appeal. Seeing what others have tagged when you're trying to search for slightly oddball things can be helpful. I remember trying to use it once to see if anyone had any good sites for auto loan calculators or something equally out there. Google is still a little easier to use and my first engine of choice, but tagging definitely brings a nice randomness and yet personal touch to things. Besides tagging things is fun. Especially if you use strange phrases or tags. I mean, no, use only the Alliance approved terminology when tagging your bookmarks. Big Brother is watching...

And in non Library 2.0 news I should point out that lovely wife is getting far too good at Blue Moon City. Must find a way to disrupt her dominance at said game. Hmm...

And The Ruins was not too bad although the book was better™. No really, book better. Movie not bad, but book... eh, you get the idea.

Littlest sister has departed our fair state. She can now go watch the Olympics in peace. Alas, wife not so lucky. She will still get to deal with snarky comments and much eye rolling. (Seriously, sports commentators are mouth breathers, who writes this nonsense?) Deep breaths.

1 comment:

J~ said...

Better play nice during the swimming competition of the olympics! Have you started Twilight YET???!!!!