Saturday, August 09, 2008

No catchy title today

Managed to throw my back out the other day. Back pain sucks (as my sister and her family can attest to).

Caught Balls of Fury last night because everyone needs a silly movie about Ping Pong and hey, Christopher Walken. It wasn't hilarious, but it was occasionally funny. Anything involving the not so lucky cricket was pretty good. And that's really all the space that movie deserves.

M-i-L wins the Are you freaking kidding me™ award. But we'll not go into that.

Apparently this is going to be a post of allusions and half stories. Poor, poor audience. Oh well.

Read the first couple volumes of The Walking Dead which is mostly a character drama that happens to feature zombies. I'm pretty sure the guy that writes it has a copy of Max Brooks's The Zombie Survival Guide on his bookshelf as the two are rather similar. It's interesting in a doomed character sort of way.

Picked up a book of essays on Firefly that my wife is devouring. I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll be watching it again soon. Heh.

Well, theoretically there are pancakes. I guess I should go investigate. And possibly consume.

No comments: