Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ninja! Premiere issue (or More on Flickr)

Ninja! Premiere issue
Ninja! Premiere issue,
originally uploaded by dkun.
So, much like the Transformers, there is more to Flickr than meets the eye. People (who must have far too much time on their hands) have created little applications that let you manipulate your photos. This site has a whole slew of applications that let you toy around with your pictures. I messed around with the magazine cover app a little (working in serials it made sense) and then realized that I didn't really have all day to get my cover of Ninja! perfect. It's close though.

I'm not entirely certain how the library can make use of this in a Public Service sort of way, but I'm sure all sorts of fun can be had for book displays and so on. So behind the scenes ftw! I will have to make a Librarian Trading Card. Although that might mean using a photo of myself. Hmm. At any rate, there are some pretty nifty tools out there - calendars, fake magazine covers, motivational posters the list goes on. Check it out.

No comments: