Thursday, September 23, 2004

SpaceShipOne

Fark recently held a photoshop contest for SpaceShipOne. Pretty amusing. One of my best friends from high school is married to the head engineer on the project. She also works for Scaled Composites and while we were out in California on vacation we got to take a tour and see White Knight and SpaceShipOne. I even got to sit in White Knight. It was pretty cool I must admit. Here's to hoping for a successful launch next week and a successful followup. Go Kit and Matt!

In other news, X96 is the radio station that currently occupies most of my commute time. They're getting ready to throw the last really big outdoor concert of the season, the Bigass Show. Lots of bands, lots to do. But the best part is the Bigass mug. 100 oz. I managed to grab one today while one of the DJs was on location. I was completely unprepared for just how big a 100 oz mug really is. It even comes with a warning that small children may drown in the Bigass mug. I shall do my best to get a photo of the warning and get it up here in the near future.

And finally, today is my Friday. Again, long live the three day weekend! Huzzah!

No comments: