Saturday, August 27, 2005

Pirates and Ghosts

Picked up a handful of the Pirates Constructible Strategy Game packs. I suspect I've found a CCG that I could play. I've always enjoyed Pirate games and the little ships that you construct in this one are quite nice. Build some ships, sail the seas, find treasure, and blow up your opponent. What's not to like? The basic game is pretty easy to pick up and the advanced game looks like it adds some length and strategy without adding too much to the difficulty. Perfect for the upcoming speak like a pirate day. Arr...

We watched The Ring Two last night. I would say it wasn't as scary as the first one, but it had a pretty good story. And the extras on the DVD were quite nice. I especially liked the Rings short. It's a nice piece of Ring mythology that fills in the events that led up to the beginning of the second film. Quite well done. I still find it interesting that they're bringing over the Japanese directors to re-make these films. Part of me wishes they'd just release them, but it is interesting to see what the re-makes are like. The second one has several nice moments including the scene with the deer and the (in)famous bathtub sequence. We get more of Samara's background and more creepy little kid moments. Plus a really good contortionist.

In related news, there's now a box set of all the original Japanese Ring movies out. Sounds like a birthday present to me.

No comments: