Thursday, August 25, 2005

Book 31.5

Tried reading The Dante Club. I wanted to like this book. Intriguing premise and some Dante. And in a lazy sort of way, I did like the book. Just not enough to finish it. So that marks about three books that I've started recently that I haven't been able to convince myself to read. We'll see if the next one bucks that trend. I suspect it will. Actually I have a couple more books on tap, so expect something relatively soon. As for whether or not I'll try counting any of the failures, I guess not. But I'm leaving the half score in my count. Well, not visibly, but I'll think it every time! ^_^

The Brothers Grimm is getting pretty mixed reviews. Which may imply a Gilliam Effect. Typically you either love him or hate him. My wife's undecided enough that this one may get relegated to rental status as opposed to theater venture, but I'll carry a special place in my heart for it.

No comments: