Wednesday, August 24, 2005

And one year later...

So. It's been a year. And frighteningly enough, I'm still here. A venture started due to lack of sleep and irrational desire continues through pretty much those same commodities. I've started taking weekends off (mostly) but otherwise you get to endure my pointless ramblings and the odd link or two that you've seen thirty other places. And the infrequent kid pictures. Can't forget those.

At any rate, I don't have anything terribly special to mark this momentous milestone. So let's just opt for a coupe lines of silence...



I think that's enough. The neighbours next door are moving. They've been there since just before we moved in. I suspect it will be a couple teary days for the kids as they're losing their most frequent playmates. I offered to save them the trouble of moving the big screen TV, but they seemed oddly attached to it. Go figure. ^_^

The Brothers Grimm opens this weekend. I expect all of you to patronize the movie (in the original sense, thank you very much). It's good to see a Gilliam film in the theater again. Now we just need Fincher's Zodiac...

It's funny, I think I had some ideas I meant to jot down here in commemoration, but at the moment nothing's jumping out. I could point you over to Neil Gaiman's site so you can listen to the first bit of Anansi Boys, but that's fairly predictable. (And yet I'll do it anyway.)

If nothing else I expect my sanity level has been on a slightly more even keel this past year. It's nice having this outlet. Random writing is good for the soul.

At least you have the fall TV season to look forward to. New NCIS, House... And a whole slew of spooky shows. Good to see horror getting its 15 minutes.

No comments: