Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Cables and so on

Want to make your own A/V cables? We talked about that in the home theater class I took. I don't know that I'll ever make my own cables, but if you're a perfectionist cheapskate home theater enthusiast, then you might be interested.

Confession time. The next couple books that were slated to show up were 1776 and John Adams by David McCullough. But I couldn't get through them. Which is a shame because they're actually quite good. The problem is it takes me a long time to read his stuff. He's like a complete non-fiction Tom Clancy. It's interesting, but it's detailed and it takes me forever to get through it. So I'm going to give them a thumbs up and move on to my next book. I will probably try to sneak them away from my folks so I can actually read them in the future, but without the pressure of having to get them back to the library.

Seems like there were some other links I meant to pass along, but I have no idea what they were. Poor you.

The house has been overtaken by the needlework bug. I can't explain it. My wife is currently crocheting up a storm and McKenna is doing some kid's cross-stitch. Too strange. Actually, I used to do a bit of cross-stitch myself. I have a half finished Monopoly board running around somewhere.

Have I sent you here yet? Ah papercraft... Yup, that's enough of a distraction from that last paragraph.

No comments: