Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Wednesday

Blah. It's Wednesday.

And it's the first day of E3. Stories and previews are starting to trickle out as those there get around to blogging about it. Sounds like it's an interesting year. Which is no surprise as right now it's all about the next generation (again). I remember the last time it was the next generation. 5 year life cycle indeed.

I still have little to no interest in anything Xbox. The new Nintendo console has charmed its way into my heart and I'm indifferent about Sony's offering. Microsoft and Sony are trying too hard to make a media hub. I just want something that will play games and be fun. Which is why I've slowly morphed into a Nintendo freak. I see a lot of people writing off Revolution as underpowered and a sure failure already, but I think they're aiming right where they should be. Nintendo has a much easier chance of picking up the casual gamer market.

Anyway, there's some Star Wars movie coming out this weekend. The office tower where I work is right next to a Megaplex and there are people camping out waiting to get in. I vaguely remember getting that excited about a movie. I've stood in a few lines, but camping out crosses a whole sanity threshold that is beyond me. I'll wait a few weeks and catch it later. At least it sounds like this one should be good.

No comments: