Monday, December 20, 2004

Short week

So, the week of Christmas has arrived. And there are only a handful of days left in the year. Normally I enjoy this time of year - it's a mixture of the quiet that winter seems to bring, the excitement that the holidays bring and the contemplation that the end of the year inspires. Unfortunately there are a few things going on that are keeping me from enjoying the season to it's fullest. Oh well. Once I make it past Wednesday this week things should begin to calm down. For at least a little bit.

Actually, this should be a pretty good Christmas. The girls are at the age where they really get into it and one of the presents under the tree this year is quite nice. So hopefully I can manage to put the other stuff behind me and focus on family and friends and fun. Of course, my wife still hasn't figured out what she's getting me for Christmas, so there are a few opportunties for some good natured teasing as well. That always helps. ^_^

And alas, I believe today was the day they were announcing the winners of the Metroid Prime Haiku contest and I failed to receive that e-mail or phone call letting me know that I'd won the grand prize. How inconsiderate of them. I fail to acknowledge the possibility that someone else created a finer haiku. I'm sure the computer in charge of the random drawing was biased in some way...

No comments: