Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Long day

Carpooling can be quite nice, but when your carpool partner has to stick around for a while, it can be pretty maddening as well. Managed to snag the fancy 2 disc Narnia set. It's a little disturbing that stores are starting to charge a bit more for those sets that initial week. Used to be you could pick them up pretty cheap. Maybe a touch more than the plain vanilla release (assuming one came out at the same time) but not as bad as about twice that price. Of course, I'm a sucker for the special edition so there wasn't really a question around whether I'd pick it up or not.

I forget where I left off yesterday. I think I was rambling about Montaigne and essays and blogs and English classes. Honestly I'm probably better off letting that particular train of thought derail. It is a bit interesting to muse on though.

Borrowed a copy of the Mac OS X Missing Manual by David Pogue. It looks to be a pretty good reference book. Will probably have to snag a copy for myself. I know I need to grab one for the iLife suite. I have no idea how you're supposed to puzzle through the workings of Garage Band. I don't remember too much difficulty with iMovie or iDVD, but it would be nice to get a bit more out of them.

At any rate, I'm home for the evening, there's some TV to be watched and some Tales of Symphonia to be played.

No comments: