Monday, April 03, 2006

Beginning of the week

So the devil arrived in the form of Daylight Savings Time. There are occasions I wish it would go away. Any time during the summer in which we try o put a child to bed and it's still very bright out for instance.

Currently playing beat the clock against software update, so if this post seems oddly disjointed, I blame the update.

It was a pretty quiet weekend actually. Which is nice on occasion. Found out today that one of my favorite teachers from High School is getting ready to retire. That's a little crazy. I'll have to drop her a line and thank her for being a good influence. Or at least inspiring me to go for an English degree. Of course, the flip side to that is the complete impracticality of the English degree that doesn't lead to a teaching position, but we'll ignore that.

I wonder how blogging will impact English classes in the future. A guy I worked with for a while was going to use them (or at least make reference to them) in some of the English classes he was responsible for. They remind me (blogs that is) of the essay form. Montaigne was always a favorite of mine. Not that much of his influence makes itself known here. I should go back through some of his work again...

No comments: