Monday, April 17, 2006

Catch up

Let's see, King Kong was far too long. I can appreciate that it was well done, and there were some good bits, but that movie needed to be cut in half. Three hours indeed...

Narnia is still excellent and McKenna was just a little excited that it was waiting by the Easter baskets on Sunday. I think the screams of glee were our first indication that the gift was appreciated.

Shut the Box is a fun little game based around numbers and chance. I picked it up to help McKenna some with her math and it turns out that my wife's family had a copy while she was growing up. Serendipitous...

There's an entire saga growing around our attempts to purchase a new stove, but I don't quite have the energy to go into that. Suffice to say, the stove has been purchased, after much frustration it should be showing up tomorrow and there were discounts truly earned. RC Willey lost some customer points from us this time around.

Hmm, I know there were other things I meant to mention here, but I seriously don't know what they were. Silent Hill comes out this weekend, and I don't care how bad it is, it will be great. I can't wait to go see that one. It's been an immensely long week already. This makes me truly sad. Oh well...

Oh, I know what the other things I meant to mention were. Oddly enough I've managed to get some reading in. Y The Last Man is a comic book series that started back in 2002. It comes out monthly I believe and is slated to run about 60 issues. They collect every five or so and release them as graphic novels. Our local library had the first three. It's an interesting take on the last man on Earth scenario. I've enjoyed it so far and would like to see more. Will have to track them down.

And I'm currently reading a collection of essays by Sarah Vowell. Pretty enjoyable. She's a good writer. Also recommended.

No comments: