Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Gaming thoughts

Don't really have much today. But since when has that ever stopped anybody from putting more random nonsense on the internet. So here's a little more.

I haven't really talked much about gaming lately. The news is starting to come in concerning the next gen systems from the big 3 (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft for those that aren't paying attention). Next year's E3 will most likely be concerned with actual demo machines and then the next battle in the console wars will be joined.

I've been a gamer for quite a while. Started with board games, moved on to pen and paper RPGs, then spent far too much money in the arcades. Didn't really ever have a home system until I got married and picked up a Playstation. I started off a fan of Sony's little system and picked up a PS2 on launch day. Lately though my devotion has changed over to Nintendo's offerings. Mostly because I enjoy playing games with family and friends and quite frankly the Gamecube is just about the best system to do that on. The Mario games are perfect for playing with the girls and there are other options for when I want something a little different. Sony still manages to put out the odd quirky title, but Nintendo does that and occasionally takes the old flagship titles in new directions (I really want to pick up the new Paper Mario game).

So this next skirmish in the ongoing battle for entertainment dominance will probably be marked by a non Sony purchase. And I won't join the fray right away either. Time to sit back and watch them rant and rave for a while and then swoop in when things get a little cheaper and there's a bit of a library built up...

No comments: