Monday, February 21, 2005

What day is it again?

Three day weekends do that to me. Never mind weekends involving zombies and other undead creatures...

We watched 28 Days Later on Saturday night. I believe I've mentioned it before in passing. Great film if you haven't seen it. I wouldn't exactly call it scary, but it is a nice re-vamping of the zombie genre. Speedy zombies are quite nice. I find zombie movies to be ultimately frustrating because it seems like there is little a person can do to survive in a zombie infested world. Much like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. How are you supposed to fight something like that? Now, it can be fun to briefly visit a hopeless case scenario, but I'm certainly glad I don't have to live in one.

I suppose that pegs me as at least a partial optimist, but certainly only a partial one...

At any rate, Shaun of the Dead is up tonight and I couldn't be happier. Also a great film. And I suspect we'll play at least one round of Zombies!!! as well.

Anyway, enjoy your day off if you have one, and if not, you should. Take a day for some reason and relax a bit. Me, I could use another couple days to detox unwind, but I'll take what I can get.

No comments: