Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Taisho

This comes courtesy of the ever enjoyable Yukihime. Such an amazing study of how to eat sushi...

Tuesday TV got in the way of posting once again last night. House ended up being a touch better than expected, while the other shows were their typical entertaining selves.

Currently the house is under the grip of the sinus cold that wouldn't leave. Poor Graeme is probably suffering the most, but my wife and I aren't far behind. At least the girls are safe for the moment... That is the one aspect of Winter that I could really do without. Even the humidifier we're currently running doesn't seem to be helping much. Accursed dry climate...

It's hard to believe the year is drawing to a close. I suppose I should draw up some sort of Best of list, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I still refuse to make plans for the upcoming year. I can't recall the last time I made something resembling a New Year's resolution and I intend to keep it that way.

The letter 'r' is slowly improving his Qwitch skills, but there's always room for improvement. I managed to eke out victories in all three games the other night and I started out pretty tired. Of course, it's pretty hard to stay tired and competitive at that game, so I managed to pull things together in short order. I suspect my wife is planning on introducing the game to her sister and her husband so that they can then humiliate us in a gaming frenzy. We played Nertz with them a few years back and it wasn't a pretty sight. I blame the fact that I hadn't played Nertz for many many years up until that point... No. Really.

McKenna has managed to earn some patches in Girls Scouts so last night was the big awards ceremony. Much fun was had by mt wife as I stayed home with the other two kids (one being the under the weather Graeme). I managed to dazzle the Webelos with some Origami skills last week, this week I think we're just preparing for the upcoming service project.

No comments: