Monday, December 12, 2005

Stubborn

So. I'd read a few comments about the new Prince of Persia game. And it sounded like they'd apologized for the steaming pile of sequel that was Warrior Within. I was somewhere near the end and I decided I had to finish it. With the fancy shmancy sword. I can now say that I've played through both endings of Warrior Within. Part of me wishes I hadn't, but I've managed to locate some ethereal duct tape and I don't hear from that part much any more. My gaming choices might be better served if I did, but that's neither here nor there. Sands of Time is a great game. It deserves to be on lots of top however many gaming lists. Warrior Within is a horrible game that deserves never to be spoken of again. Which is a bit of a shame as there were moments of brilliance in it, but overall? Best left unsaid. So Two Thrones has a lot to make up for. I loved the first one enough that I'll probably give the third one a go at some point. But only when I can pick it up cheaply.

And the holidays draw nigh. We spent a good chunk of the weekend wrapping presents. But then we got lazy and we've left a bunch unwrapped. You can pity our kids if you want. But I really wouldn't, there are far too many things that will have to make their way under the tree. I suspect we'd be responsible for the death of a small wooded plot if we actually tried to wrap everything. We're going to have to teach the grandparents the meaning of restraint.

The weekend was brightened by the making of Chili con Pollo - new recipe we tried out from 101 More Things to do with a Slow Cooker. It was an excellent recipe made better by the inclusion of bread bowls. Any time you have a meal where you can eat the serving dish, a good time is just about guaranteed. I recommend giving this one a try. I have no idea if I can jot out the recipe here, so if you want it, ask for it in the comments section...

I was amused to discover that the online community has dubbed the Impala from Supernatural the Metallicar... (And that's only slightly better than the Leather Coat of Masculinity.)

No comments: