Monday, November 14, 2005

Book 45

When I was younger I loved the Myth series by Robert Asprin. Somewhere around High School the series went on a pretty long hiatus. In college I ran across a new book, Sweet Myth-tery of Life, and then I lost track of it again. Book 45 was Myth-ion Improbable, which apparently came out some time ago and there have been a few books since. It was good to visit with Aahz and Skeeve again. This book was Asprin's attempt to kickstart the series after some writer's block and so takes place earlier in the continuum. I enjoyed it. It's made me want to track a couple of the older ones down as well as some of the new ones. It looks as if Asprin has gained a co-author on some of them and some of the reviews I've read have been less than kind, but we'll see. Hopefully I can track some of them down. If you like fantasy and comedy, this series has that in spades.

Watched Chungking Express. Great show. I liked the second half a bit more than the first half, but they were both good. The second half reminded me of Amelie. Parts of it were truly funny. And some of the camera work at the beginning was pretty interesting. Wong Kar-Wai filmed a slow motion chase scene that had the camera all over, but there were segments where it seems like he did something with the footage that turned it into something pretty artistic. It's hard to describe, you need to see it.

And family is coming to town later this week. So posting schedule will be even more whacked out than it has been.

No comments: