Saturday, June 25, 2005

Trickery

My wife and I do have some overlapping tastes in entertainment. While she doesn't enjoy cheap horror like I do, I can get her to watch some regular horror as well as action and suspense. We both like platform games and we enjoy some of the same types of literature. A lot of this has to do with the fact that we've been together for quite a while. By now we've pretty much merged what we do like and know to enjoy the other stuff on our own time. But there are times she refuses to believe this. While I will admit to some rather bad guesses earlier on in our marriage, by now I'm pretty good at it.

So, I told her she should read The Coma. It was interesting and I figured she'd enjoy it. She didn't believe me. We were going to head to the library today to poke around for a few things for the kids. The Coma was a new book so it was due back a little earlier than a couple of the other books we have out at the moment. I asked if she was going to read it or not. She hemmed and hawed a bit so I said, "Look, just read the first five pages. You'll know then whether or not if you want to read it." So she did and of course she finished it a couple hours later. I tried not to say "I told you so" too many times. And I didn't point out the sheepish expression on her face. Well, I'm pointing it out now, but that's different. ^_^

I'm glad she enjoyed it though. I think she's one step closer to trusting me when I recommend things for her.

And on an unrelated note, it looks liks Land of the Dead is getting good reviews. Good on Romero. Look forward to checking that out at some point...

No comments: