Thursday, June 02, 2005

Back in the saddle again

So, things are in the process of calming down a bit. Got my folks off to the airport. Was a great visit. It's always good to see them. There are times I wish we lived much closer to both sets of parents, but on the upside it does tend to make our visits more enjoyable. We now have about a week before my wife's folks show up, so hopefully the kids will have wound down by then.

We saw Madagascar on Monday. It was pretty cute. Probably the best Dreamworks cartoon I've seen. If nothing else, it's worth seeing for the Planet of the Apes and Twilight Zone homages. Nicely done. That and the Penguins rock...

So, as mentioned, I finished Prisoner of Azkaban. That will be the last one I blast through. The last two will take a little longer as Rowling just starts to ramble on and on tell more of the story. PoA is my favorite movie of the three currently out. I'm not quite certain where the book falls. Any more I just think of them as one long story and not a series. So take that for what it's worth. I must admit, I remember being a little surprised the first time I read the book that she was doing a time travel story. Fortunately that was only an aspect of the story overall. Book 3 does set up quite a few more of the pieces that will be important later, so it gets a few points for that as well.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's, in some ways, an odd and yet unsurprising list of directors. About four of the ten I have no problems with. I'd throw David Fincher on there. I don't think Spielberg is really number one material. But I suppose that's more due to his recent work than some of his older stuff. Oh well. Typical list really.

And I have the day off tomorrow. So 3 day weekend for me. Yay me!

No comments: