Thursday, June 09, 2005

Random

House of Flying Daggers fit the Asian Cinema bill. I'd like to know how they get the colors so vibrant in their films. Do they color them post process? Filters? Voodoo? I liked Hero a touch better, but Daggers was certainly enjoyable. Some nice fight/dance sequences. Beautiful cinematography. And the standard everybody dies ending. I suppose that one's a little arguable this time, but most everybody at any rate. If you've liked any of the other Chinese films out over the last couple years, you'll feel right at home with this one.

Seems like there was something else worth mentioning, but I forget what it was. So there. The British reduced sitcoms to a formula. But I don't have the link at the moment. I'm undecided if that constitutes British humor - reducing comedy to a formula. I suspect it does.

And tomorrow is Friday.

No comments: