Thursday, September 22, 2011

Title, title, who's got the title?

Finished reading Jaws the other day. I read that book a long time ago and remember thinking it was different from the movie, but not much more than that. Reading it this time I mostly found it depressing. First, for a book about a shark, there's very little shark. Until the final Moby Dick-esque final act. It focuses mostly on the town and the people in it and they ways they cope with this threat to their town and livelihood. It's not really that pleasant reading about their lives and marriages falling apart. Although it does serve as a decent reminder that life is pretty fragile and all it takes to disrupt things is a giant man-eating fish.

Now I want fish tacos...

I've also made it through The Monstrumologist. I haven't decided what I think of it yet. It was much more gruesome than I was expecting. But good. Certainly a nice prelude to October and horror movie season.

Introduced the letter 'r' to Rivals for Catan over the weekend. He concurs that it is indeed a fine game. I'm really looking forward to some serious boardgaming in the next couple months. We got the shirts for Drucon all made up. They look pretty darn good I must say. I think I may have to start making some bleach shirts with patterns and what not on them. I really liked the way these turned out.

Mom's birthday was this past week. She is missed. And thoughts and prayers go out to little sis.
Also, lovely wife and I might test an old maxim about friendships in the next couple months.
We finished off the anime version of Supernatural. I suspect we're going to try watching the regular version now. Also we watched Season of the Witch an odd little movie starring Nic Cage and Ron Perlman. It was kind of silly, kind of fun. Oh yeah, The Mentalist starts back up tonight. That's grand.

No comments: