Thursday, September 08, 2011

Waiting for Fall

And we're a week into September. It needs to cool down now and commence Fall appropriate weather. I'd really like the grass to stop growing and so on. Maybe if we start eating Fall sorts of foods we can encourage nature to take the hint. I recommend some good soups and stews and so on. Mmm. Chili!

I also recommend planning out horror movies for October. It will be here before you know it and you don't want to get caught unprepared. I'm trying to decide what to watch this year. So feel free to send in suggestions. I think I'll watch Constantine again simply because I find it a fun sort of film. Not scary, but fun. I think The Woman in Black starring that Radcliffe kid of Harry Potter fame looks pretty good. Oh, and Apollo 18 looks fun as well.

We had a decent Labor Day. After a false start or two we managed to grill some burgers. McK decided she wanted to play Mansions of Madness so we took a few hours and did that as well. I once again managed to kill off the poor party of investigators (this was actually a pretty gruesome encounter as I think I managed to kill three of them before it was over) with a horde of zombies and a Mi-go. Had they been a little more united in their searching I probably wouldn't have managed a victory. As it was they almost held out long enough to force an everybody loses scenario.

We also played a few older games - Tsuro and some Catan Dice and so on. It was a good weekend for relaxing and taking it easy.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

plan games and horror movies for the week we're there. We won't be staying at your place but we'll be visiting! Can't wait to play and have cool weather.