Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Summer woes

Survived my first Scout outing. Of course, it was just an activity night over at the Boondocks Fun Center. Bumper Boats (got soaked), Go Karts, a few games (the DDR machine was busted!). We'll see how things go the next few weeks once the actual badge activities start.

There's a block party scheduled for the end of the week. I vaguely remember those from my youth. I don't remember having them all that often, but once or twice. We'll see how this one goes.

I'm ready for summer to be over. Mowing the lawn, the heat, the kids out of school, the heat, the usual. This is my least favorite season and I welcome its end. I've heard rumors that they want to extend Daylight Savings Time from March to November. That would be a crime against all things good.

And we're being invaded by ants. Yet another reason summer needs to go bye bye...

No comments: