Saturday, July 09, 2005

Book 28

Just finished The Tesseract by Alex Garland. It was an odd read. It was easy to read, and yet a struggle at the same time. Oddly interesting and not at the same time. About as much of a puzzle as the subject matter of the book itself. I suppose I'd say it's my least favorite of the three books he's written that I've read. I still believe The Coma to be the best of the three, but you can see the seeds of that book lying dormant in this one. So, it exists in some uneasy space that's both good and bad. A tesseract on its own...

At any rate, it's easy to say that Garland is a talented writer and one I've enjoyed reading. If you run across a book of his, I'd say it's worth picking up. You'll probably find something of value inside. And really, not much more than that needs to be said.

No comments: