Thursday, March 01, 2012

Quick media update

So, somehow I suffered through Breaking Dawn. The parodies pretty much have it, Breaking Yawn indeed. So horrible. Apparently the movies are worse than the books. I cannot fathom such a thing. This might be the first literary/cinematic black hole in existence. Never mind that literally three things happened in this movie. Never mind that the pacing was barely sufficient for one viewing (I can not imagine trying to sit through that again - so slooooooooow). Let's just talk about Bella's sippy cup shall we? Exactly what is the point of this? Why is she imbibing blood? Don't give me that crap about the baby wanted it. Fine. Why exactly is she drinking it?! The baby is not attached to her stomach. She needs blood in her bloodstream so she's drinking it?! As opposed to, oh I don't know, an IV? The stupid. It burns. Words fail...

The remake of The Crazies was pretty decent. It's a horror film whose conceit is relatively timeless. Although the ending is just a touch silly. I get what they were going for, but still.

X Men First Class was better than it had any right to be. I would probably watch sequels with these characters. Maybe. Although the beginning was once again giving me retcon whiplash. Why do they feel the need to monkey around with backstory continuity so much? (This mostly refers to the magic helmet of telepathic invulnerability +1 and Cerebro) Especially after using the footage from the old X Men movie.

Heat Rises was fine. Ends on a cliffhanger reminiscent of season 3 I believe it was. Still fun to read.

Speaking of Nathan Fillion, this is awesome and hilarious. And if you don't understand why he puts a hammer on the table, begone and never darken my blog again.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was good. It suffered a touch from the fact that it was a prequel, so you knew where things were headed, but it still managed to be pretty interesting. I'd watch more of these.

Anyway, littlest sis is in town this weekend and there will be some board games. This is good.

No comments: