Thursday, March 22, 2012

Your title could be here

I seriously hate making titles. It's like those quotes at the beginnings of the Myth books' chapters.

Finally had my first win at Summoner Wars. It was most certainly not due to having played the game a couple times and playing against the letter 'r' who had never played. Or being at least somewhat familiar with the army I had. Nope not at all.

Watched the original Japanese version of Godzilla. I'm glad that movie is running around on DVD. Good ol' Criterion Collection. I was a little worried it would be horrible after all this time, but it really wasn't. Oh sure, it was a little slow, but it was still pretty fun. The destruction of Tokyo was still thrilling. And it was neat to see the old special effects.

I have given up on reading Liars and Outliers by Bruce Schneier. I had hopes that it would be interesting, but it really wasn't. That and I took issue with most of his premise. So, well, there you go. It deals with trust in societies and why we behave the way we do and the little tricks societies use to build trust in a population that would rather kill each other off and take what they want. Like I said, issues.

Written in Bone, the second Simon Beckett book was also a fun read. I'm currently on the third one. Mostly as the end of the second one was a pretty big cliffhanger (well excepting the existence of a third and fourth book) and I wanted to know what happened.

Got in a game of 7 Wonders over the weekend and somehow McK managed to win that one. I suspect even after trying to account for some cheating that was going on.

And speaking of McK, this weekend we will be off to see The Hunger Games. Saturday morning in fact. Can't be bothered to deal with opening day crowds. At least we have reserved seats...

No comments: