Monday, February 09, 2009

Eagles, Pandas, Race Car Drivers

Took the kids to see the eagles at Farmington Bay (the birds, not the band). Apparently around this time every year the carp die off and the eagles come to feed. Got to see quite a few of them hanging out. Also saw some kestrels hunting. That was pretty neat. They do this hovering thing right before they dive or move to a slightly different spot. It was pretty impressive. Kids had fun and the weather actually co-operated.

Watched Kung Fu Panda and Speed Racer. Both were excellent. Kung Fu Panda was fairly typical, but pretty funny nonetheless. Good cast, nice animation. Definitely worth watching. Speed Racer had some pretty distinct visuals. The first half was up and down, but the last half was pretty great. A little busy, but certainly fun. Much like Tokyo Drift the quality is directly proportional to the amount of time spent in a car. And the ninja fight was great.

Long weekend coming up. That's nice. Long weekends are good.

Ran through The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya again. Love that show.

Been reading some Lovecraft. Makes me want to play Arkham Horror or maybe Call of Cthulhu. I'd really like to try some of those Lovevraft inspired RPG's.

Helped favorite niece come up with a limerick. Used to write those pretty frequently. They're still fun. She had to write far too many poems though. And this from someone that likes poetry. I should really get back into haiku...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Favorite neice is still waiting for you to finish helping her. She is waiting for you to call her back, she seems to think you told her that. She has a few more poems she needs help with. I agree, far too many were due. We love Kung Fu Panda and Speed Racer too.

J~ said...

And where are the pictures??!! So now that your friends are becoming my friends on facebook don't you think you should join?

d said...

NO! There will be no joining of Facebook. I'm more than content to let you be my screener. ^_^

We have no pictures of eagles. They were too far away to take pictures. We could point at the little black smudge and say, "See that? Eagle." Hence the scopes and the binoculars and so on. I don't have a camera with a telephoto lens.

Rachel said...

I'm not adding any of your friends. That feels weird. I'm hardly adding any of my friends. But do you know who I think I saw on FB? Butch! Do you remember that charmed moment in time? hehe I didn't add him btw.

I bet the birds were cool. You do need more pics of the family up though. I'm with Jen on that one.