Thursday, September 25, 2008

Killing time

The lovely wife is trying to kill a few brain cells watching Smallville. I suspect she'll kill more than a few. So in my own attempt to kill a few brain cells I've turn to the intarwebs and you lot. I'm pretty sure the wife will lose more brain cells, but it will be close.

Alas, the series of tubes isn't really humming today. I suppose there are a few distractions. I'm listening the ambient music mix from Magnatune and I poked around over at Whatever. Both of moderate interest.

Grilled up some brats for dinner. Have recently run across a few different interesting recipes. One of my coworkers pointed me to a deep chocolate pound cake recipe in the latest issue of Bon Appetit (I think). It sounds delightful. I'm not sure why I've run across a couple different chocolate cake recipes lately, but yum. And then there was the Hellfire Steak recipe in some grilling book or other. I forget the title. How to Grill or something like that.

Caught the last 10 minutes of The Wedding Singer. Billy Idol makes that movie. I want to listen to the soundtracks now...

Sounds like favorite niece is recovering from Appendicide. Have I mentioned lately that I love favorite niece? I'm pretty sure that the AMA will soon adopt the term Appendicide. And if they don't they should. (And on a slightly related note, apparently you have to have your head shaved for Appendicide. At least according to slightly evil little sister to aforementioned niece. Heh.)

Well, that's all I've got for now. Oh so thrilling. I shall go poke around the wilds of the internets and maybe something will strike my interest.

2 comments:

J~ said...

I like your blog when you tell stories that I understand.... hadn't heard about "apendicide"..too funny.

Rachel said...

Favorite neice is doing well. Her appendicides are doing well now that it's gone. Hair looks lovely after being washed.