Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Inspired by true events

Ran across this on the internets today and thought that it was only so so. So I feel compelled to try and come up with my own list of geek wife trials. I am sure this will fail horribly.

1. Realizing that there are too many days celebrated in Geek Culture. (Talk like a Pirate Day? Pi day? Who makes these things up?)

2. That sinking feeling that comes from the knowledge that the tech gadget he just came home with will be replaced by a shinier version we just have to have exactly 2 seconds after he left the store with the now horribly out of date item.

3. Comic book movies. Except for Spiderman. He can wrap me in his web any day.

4. Why are there dice with more than 6 sides? And why do we have so many of them? And why do I know that there are 4 Editions of Dungeons and Dragons?

5. Why am I sacrificing valuable closet space to board games? I could have shoes. Or storage space.

6. Children that wander around clamoring for Braaaains. Ok, that's pretty funny. But the fact that my 4 year old knows more about zombies than your average human being is stretching things a little bit.

7. Plastic instruments. I don't care if the game is fun and I have a good time playing it. I want my house back and I'm not running a plastic garage band. And don't get me started on the bongos.

8. Why does my favorite t-shirt have a robot dressed as a green dog on it? And why do I suddenly crave tacos? Or cheese?

9. What do Tina Fey and Felicia Day have that I don't? And why do I know what the Evil League of Evil is?

10. Why are the kids reading books that did not originate in this country? And watching TV shows also not from this country? Any future therapy bills are so coming out of his toy budget. And I don't want to talk about the toy budget.

Eh. Needs a little work. And some wasabi. But it's a start. Celebrated the letter r's birthday a little early the other day and gave him Yestisburg. You know, Gettysburg with Yetis. In a card game. It was fun. And the instruction booklet was hilarious. I may also have to try my hand at letters sent from Yetisburg.

And how about that Eureka season finale? That was a bit of a downer for a cliffhanger. I'm a little on the glad side that Psych, Burn Notice and Eureka are taking breaks, but I am certainly interested in picking them back up again. I kind of like this short season twice thing. And I like the PI on House (and Felicia Day was on as well...).

No comments: