Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's cold outside

I contemplated calling you all Baby in that title. But I refrained. You're welcome. But it is indeed quite chilly here.

I finished reading The Nerdist Way or whatever that book was called. Geeky self help style book. Had some interesting ideas. I think one of the ones I really want to look into is de-cluttering. It is sadly probably time for me to throw away a bunch of my old magazines. Alas.

Season 4 of Castle is fine. The working with the CIA episode was a little sillier the second time through. I'm not sure how/why we managed to catch that one when it originally aired, but I remember it. Although I didn't remember the twist at the end. Funny.

Introduced Dad to Ugg-tect last night. It was amusing. The boys managed to eke out a victory over the girls. Guess we still manage to prove the old saw that guys are better at spatial relations than girls...

Glad Christmas is around the corner. Only sort of ready for it. Even more glad that it is accompanied by some time off. Really hoping to decompress some again. Hopefully get some games played with family and friends. Wil Wheaton did a google+ hangout that you can find over at the Geek and Sundry channel about Tabletop. It was pretty interesting. He had a couple nice stories about playing games with his kids while they were growing up. Apparently NBC found Tabletop interesting enough that they're trying to rip it off to turn into a prime time show. I doubt it will be quite as interesting. Especially as I can't picture them actually playing interesting games.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday and can spend it with those you love.

No comments: