Thursday, December 06, 2012

Just a jumble

So I ran across this show called Holliston while working one day. It stars Adam Green of Hatchet and Frozen fame. I like his stuff. And this was a sitcom about two slackers trying to make a low budget horror movie (Shin Pads! When they score, you die! It's about a zombie soccer team and, well, you really had to be there I guess...) Anyway, it started off sort of slow and I wasn't entirely sure I'd finish it. But it grew on me. I either lowered my expectations appropriately, or it really did get better. So it gets a tentative thumbs up. But you really probably ought to like low budget horror to really get a kick out of it.

I am virtually finished with Roadside Picnic (I have something like 4-5 pages left I think) and it's pretty darn good. I can't say whether I liked it or Solaris better, but Russian sci fi is indeed good. Well, ok the 2 books I've read have been good.

We got in a game of 7 Wonders with the Leaders expansion the other day. It was pretty fun. It's been a while since we've played that one. I ended up roughly somewhere in the middle of the score pack while M managed a victory due to R's coaching. We also played some Lords of Waterdeep and I actually managed to beat R whilst playing. Truly an amazing moment.

I'm somewhat addicted to Haggis on the iPad. It's a ladder style card game for 2-3 people and it was on sale the other day. I've always wanted to try it and I find it truly compelling. I may break down and buy Tichu next as it's a similar style game.

And in case you thought Cthulhu wasn't good for anything, I present this. (Oh and the Cthulhu advent calendar on the iPad is pretty great too.)

2 comments:

H said...

MARKET basket

d said...

Market BASKET?