Thursday, November 15, 2012

tock tock tock

The Other Normals by Ned Vizzini was pretty fun to read. It's a YA book geared towards boys, especially the tabletop gaming variety. (*cough* D&D *cough*) Oh sorry, it's C&C in the book's world, but whatever. There are some brief moments of crude boy humor, but mostly it follows Perry as he tries to do the thing called growing up. With the help of some folks from a parallel world. You'll know pretty quick if you're going to like it or not. It's a pretty quick read too, so it's at least worth looking at if you like YA fantasy-ish sorts of things.

I've started watching Indie Game: The Movie while I exercise. It's interesting and sort of depressing.

In other news I am almost officially old. And in dire need of a vacation. Fortunately I have one of those next week. Happy early Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope you can spend it with those you love and that there's a side dish on the table that you really enjoy.

Apparently M had the opportunity to write about her favorite games the other day. I thought maybe she'd pick Summoner Wars when lovely wife was relating the story, but apparently she went with Betrayal at House on the Hill (which I might have guessed if I'd thought about it a bit more) followed by Mansions of Madness and Elder Sign. I was unaware that she'd actually played Mansions of Madness except for maybe that initial game back when we got it and I was trying to sort out the rules. It's certainly an interesting trio of games to pick. Guess I'll have to get her reading some Lovecraft now...

Still haven't made it to Wreck it Ralph. And now Skyfall is out as well... Silly movies.

No comments: