Thursday, November 08, 2012

Tick tick tick

So we survived the influx of family. It was good seeing everybody again. Had a good visit with Dad and a couple brief visits (that were also good, just brief) with the in-laws. We also saw youngest sister briefly here and there. G had a good birthday and a really nice baptism. We discovered that Walmart makes really excellent party subs for next to nothing (seriously, 6 foot longs, a jar of mayo, a jar of mustard, lettuce, tomato and red onion in various containers all for $28).

G scored a couple Nerf rifles for his birthday. There may or may not have been much shooting of various family members with them. I suspect we'll need to stock up on bullets.

Dad kicked in and helped me upgrade my sad little cell phone to an iPhone 5. It's a pretty nifty phone I must say. I've even mostly got the hang of it. If nothing else, it helps feed my Super Crate Box addiction... I tried to use Facetime on it so younger sis could say hi while we were at the baptism, but it doesn't seem to like to do that too much. We either didn't have great reception or it works better over wifi. Although I think I tried again at home using that.

Littlest sis snagged me a copy of Ugg-tect. It's a party game involving inflatable spiked clubs and caveman speech. I think that's really all I need to say. It will be making an appearance at Drucon 4. I expect much hilarity will ensue.

I keep hoping to get to Wreck it Ralph, but so far have been unsuccessful...

It seems like there should be lots of other things I need to mention. I finished Mark of Athena. It was fine. I think I'm almost done with Rick Riordan though. I like his books, I think I'm just moving on from them. Although if he really does tackle Norse mythology, I'll certainly give that a go.


No comments: