Thursday, July 05, 2012

Brief thoughts

Not much remains of Dad's visit, but it has been a good one. I suspect retirement will suit him well. I suspect retirement will suit me well, but alas that won't happen for quite some time, milestone birthdays or no.

Brave was quite good and certainly worth seeing. It was enjoyed by all. There were varying levels of enjoyment for Chronicle and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I liked both of them well enough, but I'm more suited to them, so that's no real surprise.

Summoner Wars and Haggis are both theoretically available in the iOS app store. I've been trying to download the former since yesterday, but there seems to be some sort of issue with its availability. Curses.

Other than that, I don't really have the energy to write up all the happenings. New computer. Trips to Planet Play and the pool. J Dawgs. (I think that's how that's spelled) Homemade ice cream. All the things that make for a successful summer and an enjoyable visit with family. We'll all be sad to see Dad go. Especially as he's leaving at some unholy hour in the morning and needs a ride to the airport...

We also got to watch the fireworks over at letter 'r's last night. The wind played havoc with the display a little and it was strange to see the fireworks juxtaposed with the forest fire on the mountain, but they were certainly pretty.

No comments: