Thursday, December 22, 2011

Initiate internet silence protocol Delta Echo

Chances are I will have little to say over the next couple weeks. Mostly as I'll be spending time with family and enjoying Christmas and playing with whatever new toys/games/gadgets make their way to casa del 'd'. So let me wish you all a Happy Christmas here and now and hope that you have the chance to spend at least a little of it around family and also around kids. There's very little better than watching kids around presents on Christmas morning. Especially if it's like 5 AM. Oh yeah, Christmas starts early.

Lovely wife and I both read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs and liked it. I have heard rumors confirmed facts that there will indeed be a followup title so the open ending is less of a concern. There are some truly great photos spaced throughout the book that help tell the tale. We both knew very little about this book going in (it was recommended to me by a friend at the Library) and I think that was actually a plus. Although lovely wife gave me some idea of what was going on as she read it first. So, if you're in the mood for something a little off kilter that's funny and spooky and interesting, give this one a shot.

Because everything is better with Muppets, I present this without comment.

And, really, that's about all I've got. Again, have a great holiday filled with love, joy and laughter. Because that's the third greatest gift you know.


No comments: