Thursday, May 19, 2011

Scratch that, here comes the rain

So. We were supposed to start tearing off our old roof in preparation for the new roof today. It's raining. A lot. And has been for a few days now. This is making things difficult. Also, due to unfamiliarity with new basement layout due to new couch I decided to seriously stub my toes resulting in one partially ripped off toenail and a possible second toenail that may fall off. And last night G crawled into bed claiming fear of rain or something, took over most of my side of the bed causing me to sleep in some odd contortion that has left me with debilitating neck/back pain since this morning. Which 3 Motrin and 2 Aleve have done absolutely nothing to fix.

I am not a happy camper right now.

I could relay the True Tale of Postal Stupidity that occurred yesterday, but that would just push things over the edge. Rest assured that there is indeed a reason the USPS is going under right now. And I am privy to it.

We managed to give our talks last Sunday. It went fine. I had to chop mine roughly in half as there just wasn't a lot of time left. I was ok with that.

We are currently caught up on our DVD viewing from the Library. Weird. I have no idea what to do in the evenings now. Although tonight will involve the Mentalist season finale. Lovely wife seemed to think we could actually talk to each other. I may start referring to her as Silly wife if that keeps up. (Actually we talk all the time, I blame that for our upcoming anniversary. Hmm. Maybe I'll get her a lack of talking for an anniversary gift...)

Anyway, I absolutely can not focus any more due to the spike that is currently being driven into the back of my neck. So, go forth and internet.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Lovely wife sticks out her tongue and says that is NOT what I want for our anniversary. : P